Welcome to . . .
H o n k y
T o n k
Q u e e n
C o n t e s t
2 0 0 3 !
Presents . . .
ANCHORS AWAY, JULY 4th, SAN DI-E
A (hopefully) 59 minute diversion to choose the next Honky Tonk Queen.
Special appearances by . . .
Crystal Goodentight, Giggles, Muriel, Curly Cue, Cassandra St. Clair
and of course . . .
The date of the Honky Tonk Queen Contest has been changed to
Friday evening the 4th of July! (Yeah!)
There will be time to dance . . . view fireworks and then get to the contest
which has now been rescheduled for 11:00 pm on Friday the 4th of July!
The proposed basic rules:
- Individual or duo contestants only. You may have a dresser (or
fluffer) backstage, but no entourages or escorts will be permitted on
- You do not need to prepare talent. Only 4 finalists will compete
in that category and it will be provided for you.
- All contestants will have a brief opportunity to strut their stuff
in the Grand Minsky's Burlesque Style. Please be tasteful....and
Yummy...and IN THE THEME! Music will be provided, no need to bring
- Five semi finalists will compete in 3 categories with one
contestant being eliminated in each round.
- Don't understand the theme? Then rent
"The Night They Raided Minsky's" (with Britt Ekland, Forrest Tucker, Elliot Gould and
Bert Lahr) THEN bump and grind and squeeze your way into a Red, White
& Blue 4th of July themed outfit that would make Gypsy Rose Lee Blush!
Howard Richman AKA Lady Di-Amel